Warranty Terms & Conditions
Australian Clutch Services goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Australian Clutch and Components are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials or manufacture from date of fitment, as detailed below:
2 Year warranty on all passenger car clutch kits
ClutchPro Passenger/Xtreme and Xtreme Outback:
12 Months from date of fitment or 20,000 km’s, whichever occurs first. (parts & labour, refer to point 4)
13-24 Months from date of fitment or 40,000 km’s, whichever occurs first. (parts only)
12 Months from date of fitment or 40,000 km’s, whichever occurs first. (parts & labour, refer to point 4)
12 Months from date of fitment or 1000 hours, whichever occurs first. (parts & labour, refer to point 4)
12 Months from date of fitment or 20,000km, whichever occurs first.
Note: Hydraulics supplied as part of a clutch kit are covered by associated warranties for the application (refer above).
Australian Clutch Services reserves the right to inspect products in question to determine if such product has failed because of a defect in workmanship or materials.
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
1. Prior to new clutch kit being fitted, the flywheel must be machined otherwise warranty will be void.
2. Warranty claims will not be issued until the said goods have been tested and deemed faulty by the Seller.
3. The Seller will not pay any claim for goods repaired by the Buyer.
4. In respect of warranty repairs, the repairer has a duty to minimise losses in respect of rework and replacement of parts so any claims against the seller for labour, will be reimbursed on an internal labour cost basis up to a maximum of $60.00 per hour for specified times. Labour claims must be included with original warranty submission.
5. Claims will be rejected where clutch kits or components have been fitted to incorrect or unlisted applications.
6. Warranty does not apply when the goods sold are fitted to a vehicle used for speed trials, racing, time trials, commercial and off-road vehicles unless fitted as original equipment.
7. All goods supplied by the seller are warranted against faulty material and/or workmanship but not maltreatment and damage caused by collision or driver abuse.
8. Products which have been altered, improperly installed, maintained, repaired, or damaged by accident, negligence, or misuse, or products damaged by excessive heat caused by slipping, also clutch discs with damaged splines, broken or missing dampener springs, clutch discs and or release bearings that have been fitted backwards.
9. Australian Clutch Services kits returned without all original products, warranty claim form and the original Tax Invoice.
10. Australian Clutch Services kits returned without proof of flywheel replacement/resurface.
11. Cover assemblies with bent or broken drive straps.
12. Cover assemblies installed using air impact tools.
13. Cover or disc assemblies with oil contamination, grease contamination, or rust.
Australian Clutch Services does not accept the following failures as warranty claims in terms of the Australian Clutch Services warranty if they are caused by incorrect fitment, incorrect driving or vehicle defects:
13.1. Driven Plates
• Damaged Hub Splines
• Severely worn or broken torsion damper springs
• Burnt-out or broken facings
• Oil or grease contaminated facings
13.2. Cover Assembly
• Severely worn or broken diaphragm fingers
• Burnt-out pressure plate
• Bent or broken drive straps
13.3. Release Bearings
• Severely worn or broken bearing
13.4. Concentric Slave Cylinders (CSC’s)
• Damaged seals due to fluid contamination
• Damaged seals due to cylinder overstroke
• Flywheels exposed to thermal overload
The Australian Clutch Services Warranty is only valid in respect of clutches fitted to vehicle applications which are specifically listed in the current Australian Clutch Services catalogue. The warranty is immediately invalidated where clutches are fitted to vehicle applications not listed in the catalogue, and no warranty claim will be considered by Australian Clutch Services in respect of such clutches.
All warranty claims must be submitted to the authorised distributor from which the product was purchased. All paperwork must be presented at the time of the claim (additional paperwork submitted after the claim has been finalized will not be considered). All claims must be presented within 10 days of the discovery of defects within the warranty period. Australian Clutch Services is not responsible for return shipping charges.
How to claim a Warranty
In the event of a problem with an Australian Clutch Services clutch, the following procedure should be followed:
1. Take your vehicle back to installation point or workshop where your Australian Clutch Services clutch was fitted. It is the distributor’s responsibility to complete the Warranty Claim form and liaise with Australian Clutch Services (Australian Clutch Services P/L).
2. Make sure that the clutch has been correctly fitted according to the Australian Clutch Services fitment guidelines, as well as the instructions in the workshop repair manual for the vehicle.
3. Check the vehicle thoroughly before removing the clutch in order to ensure that the clutch problem has not resulted from the vehicles faults such as a defective or incorrectly adjusted clutch release mechanism, work driveline mountings or oil leaks.
4. Return all the clutch parts to your place of purchase together with a completed Warranty Claim form and a copy of the invoice on which the clutch was purchased.
5. Australian Clutch Services will inspect the clutch parts and provide a detailed technical report to the original purchaser of the goods (distributor/ installer / workshop) if required.
How to claim a warranty
- All warranty claims must be submitted to the authorised distributor from which the product was purchased, within 10 days of the discovery of defects within the warranty period. Australian Clutch Services is not responsible for return shipping charges.
- Return all the clutch parts together with a completed Warranty Claim form and a copy of the invoice on which the clutch was purchased.
- Australian Clutch Services will inspect the clutch parts and provide a detailed technical report to the original purchaser of the goods (installer, workshop, or distributor).
For any inquiries relating to this Warranty Statement please email email@example.com